The American College of Healthcare Architects (ACHA) certification is recognized by The American Society of Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association (AHA).
Engaging an ACHA-certified architect, or hiring a firm that assigns an ACHA-certified architect to your project provides:
- Confidence that the certified healthcare architect has competency, experience and knowledge specific to the healthcare industry
- Validation that the certified healthcare architect understands your business and drives the business of healthcare from inception to implementation
- Assurance that the certified healthcare architect is up-to-date on current issues, trends and regulatory requirements, reducing risk on your project
The American College of Healthcare Architects (ACHA) offers the only specialty board certification that is recognized by The American Institute of Architects (AIA).
ACHA certification provides assurance that an architect practicing as a healthcare designer has:
- Demonstrated expertise through a portfolio of work that is independently reviewed by board certified healthcare architects
- Informed Knowledge of healthcare design and processes based on having passed a rigorous exam
- Achieved continuing education to stay current in the healthcare industry on an annual basis