The ACHA Lifetime Achievement Award’s Hamilton Medal is the highest honor that the American College of Healthcare Architects can bestow on an architect. It is conferred by the national ACHA Board of Regents in recognition of a significant body of work of lasting influence on the theory and practice of healthcare architecture.
Nominations must be received or postmarked by June 1 of the application year. For more information, please review the ACHA Lifetime Achievement Award Criteria.
2016 Lifetime Achievement Award Winner - James R. Diaz, FAIA, FACHA
Past Recipients of the ACHA Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2015 - H. Ralph Hawkins, FAIA, FACHA
- 2014 - Frank S. Zilm, D.Arch., FAIA, FACHA
- 2013 - E. Todd Wheeler, FAIA, posthumous
- 2012 - James O. Jonassen, FAIA, FACHA, RAIC
- 2011 - Morris A. Stein, FAIA, FACHA
- 2010 - D.Kirk Hamilton, FAIA, FACHA / Joseph G. Sprague, FAIA, FACHA
- 2009 - Eberhard Zeidler, OC, O.Ont., Dipl.Ing., LL.D., D.Eng., D.Arch., FRAIC, RCA, OAA, MAIBC, OAQ, Hon. FAIA
- 2008 - Derek Parker, FAIA, FACHA, RIBA
- 2007 – Ronald L. Skaggs, FAIA, FACHA, FHFI
- 2006 - Martin H. Cohen, FAIA, FACHA
- 2005 - Wilbur “Tib” Tusler, FAIA, FACHA
- 2004 - Armand Burgun FAIA, FACHA
- 2003 - Rex Allen, FAIA, HonFACHA
Download: ACHA Candidate Handbook/Application (PDF)
*Note: Turn off your pop-up blocker program. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDFs online.